Monday, August 4, 2008

Putt Putt

During our glorious visit with Jacquie and her kids, we played a game of putt-putt golf at New London's iconic Ocean Beach Park.

We teed-off in age order, from youngest to oldest.

The seven-year old west first . . .

Followed by her 9-year-old brother:
.
Young Jacquie was next:
.
Followed by her slightly-less-young older sister:

And finally, Old Man got his turn:

The kids really loved calling their Uncle Schleckah "Old Man".

This shot is exceptionally meaningful because these are the flip-flops Mark threw into the river the following night.

Hole 4, School House, replicating the old Nathan Hale Schoolhouse in downtown New London.

And of course, any self-respecting New London mini-golf couse has a replica of the Gold Star Bridge. Hole 5.

Look at that form. Look at that concentration.

Jacquie's girl was a very enthusiastic cheerleader for her fellow golfers.

She does seem to have made it into every photo.

She had the pink ball.

Jacquie celebrated holing this one, as did the Heavens above her.

Um, Honey? This is a putting course, not a Driving Range.

Did someone say pose?

The tricky 10th -- Bobsled Run. Because, you know, it's summer in Connecticut and we are all about bobsleds around here.
.
And finally, the hole we've all been waiting for:


Notice that purple ball in the cup?:

That, my friends, is a hole-in-one. The Boy got one on this hole too. We each had 2 holes-in-one. We both rock.

Right through Grandma's teeth.

We had to keep collecting our piles of beers and water bottles and cameras and flip flops all over the course.

Mini-Golf is photogenic, by nature. All those colored balls and bright clothes and the beach as the background. It was a great day, and we had a blast.
.
Oh, wait. Who won, you ask?

I love Putt Putt.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your glorious win, Ellie. You beat out some tough competition, us kids and drunks. I hope you're enjoying the prize towel that I stole for you! That was a great day, I loved reliving it :)

NucMEd is Hot said...

At first I couldn't figure out how people can come to terms with mini golf heat and swim suits, but then I got it, booze.

I'm putting that in my notebook for future reference.

Anonymous said...

This is what happens when two hippies try to ditch the kids at the miniature golf course.....they end up playing too.

Anonymous said...

That looks increadible, I'm glad you had a lot of fun... I need to take my oldest to something like that. Thanks for so many amazing pictures!

Madness said...

what a lovely family! well told story!
Love
Madness

That One Guy said...

Phriggin GREAT photos too!

Beauty!

Anonymous said...

It's time for me to give some props to Mistah Schleckah, my photog-on-the-scene. I, too, love his photos.

Anonymous said...

Nice win, Ellie. Maybe you guys should invite Mark to play next time. He'd have a chance of winning this competition. (Since everyone knows that he's not ever going to be the king of the cannonball.)

Anonymous said...

My friend Peter said I seemed inordinately pleased to have beaten an 8-year-old. I said, "Peter! He's nine!"

Leslie said...

The first pic of the 7 yr old reminded me of me...the 34 yr old. I would so be rockin my bikini at putt putt...just ask Karen. I'd also have to have the pink ball. Nice win by the way.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! And great shots.