Thursday, March 5, 2009

Road Stairway to Nowhere

What can one say, really?

Another 10 inches. In March.

Monday we awoke to another dumping of snow, and it continued to snow all the live long day. This is Connecticut, people. This is not North Dakota.

Our neighbor Ron -- he of the green 2-family house -- was out there shoveling the street. Mistah Schleckah, more modestly, but just as crucially, shoveled paths for us to get in and out of our house and in and out of our Westy.

But really, what can one say? How much more can one talk about the absurdity of the snowiest, coldest, winteriest winter since . . . well, since Bill and I took off 8 years ago? This is our first New England winter in 8 years. And it's this winter. And I know, Jacquie, I know. But here we are. And here it is.

And the worst of it? It's going nowhere.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our five inches fell on Monday... 40's yesterday, 60's today and 70's this week-end.. Our snow is going places FAST!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...

P.S. Mentioned your blog over at my place... :-))

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, it will be over soon, I promise. Daylight Saving Time starts this weekend! Crocuses (croci?) to arrive shortly.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hmm, what can one say really?

How's this...just because the snow's going nowhere doesn't mean you can't go somewhere. Fire that Westy up, or jump on a quick flight, head south to sunshine!

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ach. That is not good.

Your niece and nephew, however, are literally moaning their displeasure at being forced to live in this temperate hellhole.

At least it's still white - please don't post photos of the slush and mud you'll be sloshing through for the next months. I'll have no choice but to send a chopper.

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

It almost looks like Ottawa, except there's some bare, non-icy sidewalk and street visible in your photo. Is it also minus 25?

Kat said...

Take that global warming!

Nancy said...

While gloating about being in warm weather these past 2 weeks, I told my sister about your 8 year adventure and to stop by here and catch up.

She listened to all I could remember ad her comment? Why the F did they go back to having winters?

LOL, maybe you wondered that this year too!

KG said...

March is THE WORST MONTH EVER! I HATE IT! I desperately want it to be spring, it is NOT spring, and it's so loooong. It's 31 effing days of misery without a single federal holiday! What gives?

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest.

Lola said...

I feel your pain, hon, I really, really feel your pain!!!

March is the absolute worst around here. April ain't much better. May? Maybe we'll get a few nice days. Then it just gets stinkin' hot. Sept and Oct are really the only decent months, I'm afraid.

My only advice is drink and exercise.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You know what, Beth? We're starting to talk about it. About not suffering through another winter, but hitting the road in ol' Westy again before that happens...

Ellie