Saturday, March 7, 2009

weekend 3-way 2-way: hair of the dog

As I crawled through the muck to consciousness early this morning, my first thought was: hello, day! Good morning, birdies! Shit, I’ve got to post the 3-way! I meant to do it last night, but was overzealous with the red wine, followed by the microbrews, and yada yada yada. So today’s 3-way is:

What’s your best hangover remedy?

Jacquie

Mine generally involves food, and lots of it. This is no time for purity, I’m going to need a roast beef sandwich with melted pepper jack and a side of original Lay’s potato chips. In retrospect, always, I wish I had chugged more water before falling into bed. But my all time cure, as painful as it can be, is to get my sorry ass to the gym for a good sweat. Which is where I’m headed now. If I’m not back in an hour, call the paramedics.

Ellie

Well, what an appropriate 3-way for today! My usual remedy is sleep, but I had friends sleeping over, and friends coming over. MB and The Dowd and Mistah and I all got up around 10:30, went straight outside onto the deck in the sunshine, snow on the yard and all, and Nancy and Jon pulled right up. So, since sleep was not an option, we did the only practical thing: cracked a bottle of champagne.

6 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

McDonalds always does it for me!

Anonymous said...

Anything to soak up the swirling mess in the stomach.

I'd like to guest blog. Check out my website.
www.whenpigsfly.squarespace.com

Springer Kneeblood said...

I never get hangovers, so have no cure (if you drink enough, often enough, you don't get hangovers).

Ellie, I have convinced my wife to pick up stakes and travel the country! But not for 3 years. I would like to talk you to and Mistah about how you managed...mail, bank accounts, etc., etc. Seriously. Can we get in touch somehow and milk you for information? I'll happily give you our email addresses, phone numbers, etc. I'm so excited at the prospect I don't know if I can wait three years to start !

Anonymous said...

A few glasses of prevention is worth a shitload of cure

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Sorry this turned into a weekend 2-way. I was away this weekend, and rather distracted (details to follow on Wed). I thought I had it so going on getting Friday's post up before departure, but forgot ALL about the weekend 3-way....

My hangover cure is sleep if I can manage it; if not, a cold, cold beer for breakfast normally takes the edge off. Lots of food is normally in order too.

My mom's favorote hangover food (when I was a kid) was peanut butter and mayonaise sandwiches. They're a lot better than they sound :-)

Beth

Lola said...

White rice with a little butter and a lot of salt settles a stomach better than anything I've tried. Oh, and popsicles seem to really help.