Monday, March 16, 2009

Take three

So in addition to getting remarried and moving into what will be the fourth home for me and my daughters this year, I'm also having a baby. Yes, a BABY. Another girl baby, who is due at the end of August.

I've known that I'm pregnant since before Christmas, and have survived the dreaded first trimester, and everything is, fortunately, going well.

When I found out I was pregnant I decided to start a blog, a blog about being 40, and unmarried, and pregnant--a state I never thought I'd find myself in again. So I did start one; I think I made 6 entries. As I mentioned, first trimester was rough, and I just didn't have it in me to keep up with it, but I thought you might want to see my first entry of that blog before I go and delete it....

--------------------------------
I’m already behind. My bright idea hit yesterday, but I somehow didn't manage to get this posted until today.

I decided yesterday that I’m going to blog about this "advanced maternal age" pregnancy of mine. How original, I know. But listen, listen, this does have a bit of a twist because yesterday, the day I should have fired up this new blog, because it was the very day I discovered I was pregnant, was also the day that my divorce was final.

It’s been a long time coming, my ex (I can legitimately say that now) moved out more than two years ago, but it took us a while to get our shit together and actually come to some sort of divorce agreement, and then you have that State of California mandated 6-month “cooling off period,” which ended yesterday, Sunday December 21 -- the very same day I peed on to the Clearblue Easy pregnancy test and witnessed the flashing digital hour glass change to the digital display “Pregnant.”

What are the chances of that???

Slim to none.

And how the hell do I feel about it? Well, I have to say that I’m more than a little miffed that I can’t uncork the Champagne that I’ve been saving for just this occasion. And I’m feeling a bit slighted that now that I’m "single" I’m going to be drooling on my desk during unplanned naps at work, and feeling sick most of the time for the foreseeable future.

That so does NOT scream out sexy divorcee.

6 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Nevermind another baby, you're having another blog??

Such big news, you are rivaling my mom with the cute little girl factory :)

And about those "slim to none" chances.... did you skip school the day of sex ed????

love you baby

J

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Single my ass. Now? Not so much.

What delightful news, Beth! I love the girl babies. And I simply cannot *wait* to meet her. Maybe you can finally drink that Champagne in August???

Ellie

Kat said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Little girls are so much fun!

Kathi D said...

I don't know nothin bout birthin no babies. But I remember a friend of my sister's, about 20 years ago, having her last kid in her 40's after a long layoff (so to speak) saying that "motherhood in your 40's ain't all that it's cracked up to be."

Everything turned out fine, though.

Aline said...

Hey Momma...I'm a little slow over here, realizing that J sent me two blog posts, which I read the first regarding nuptials, not the second regarding BABY! I'm shocked, happy, smiling, excited, etc.etc. for you.

Don't you know? 40 is the new 30, so you go, sexy hot momma!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Have I ever told you that I love you, Aline?? I'm not feeling like a sexy, hot mama as I'm busting out of all my jeans, but you made me smile nonetheless. Thanks!

And Jacquie, let's hope my baby fares better than my blog. The poor thing is gone. kaput. over before it ever really began.