Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Tiny Taste

This was my deck last weekend. Remember?

And this was my deck this past weekend:

Can you believe it?

Open doors and t-shirts . . .

. . . bare feet and thumbs-up . . .

. . . and other digits up, too.

MB and Mark and Bill and I woke up at our house, Nancy and Jon drove down, and we immediately cracked open a bottle of champers.

My Girl Nancy and I solve a lot of the world's problems over a glass of champagne. Especially when we're on a warm, sunny deck, with snow on the ground below us. And despite my eyes still being half-closed from staying out late, listening to our boys play, the night before.

MB, sadly, seems to have been in the shower the whole time the camera was out. She and Mark and Billy were headed to a bar to watch the UConn game (shocking, I know, given Mark's fabulous ensemble) at noon; Nancy, Jon and I were headed to Avery Point for the ECC high school swim championship meet.
.
I'd made a big baked ziti extravaganza Thursday night, in anticipation, and we all enjoyed a lovely ziti breakfast together at 11:30. Garnering strength for all the day's activities.
.
And, man, it sure looks like I could some strength. Or another couple hours' sleep . . .
.
Spring's not here, not yet. But it was like a miracle to get our first tiny taste.

So c'mon. Let's eat.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh My, I could sit down with a spoon and that dish!

But ... I'd have my shoes on ... bare feet and snow brrrrrrrr

Me, You, or Ellie said...

yummmm. You are SO skinny, El! I don't see how eating things like that 40 pound zita make that teeny waist possible. At first I was going to comment about everyone's weirdo outfits, but then I realized that only one person is wearing a weirdo outfit. The rest of you should know that you come off as weirdos by association. Sorry.

Jacquie

NucMEd is Hot said...

The ziti looks fantastic and so does the party. I'm going to be you in my next life!

Captain Dumbass said...

If you could FedEx some of that northward it would be much appreciated.

Kat said...

That looks so yummy. I love the dichotomy of shorts, but there is snow on the ground. Strange weather lately.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

A tiny taste is better than no taste at all, right?

I really like how versatile Mark's pjs are: shorts, pants, shants, you name it.

And MB? Get out of the shower and into that snow-reflecting sunshine :-)

And Ellie, you, you better start eating, you mere wisp of a thing.

Anonymous said...

After seeing these pics - we have to come down and visit you guys! (But only if Wellin is there to give us some style tips.)

Lola said...

Looks like a great start to a day. And yeah, you can't be eating much of that, Ms. Skinnypants!