Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Fest is the Best

It was such a fun weekend around here for Sailfest. The music and the people, the food and the booze, the parties and the beach and the roofdecks and the crowds. It was the most festive Sailfest ever.

One of highlights was Saturday night's giant Boom-Booms show.

The fireworks were incredible, they really were. And that is high praise from someone who used to boycott the Boom Booms.

It was a joyful cacophony of visuals and sound.

And we had an absolutely primo viewing spot: a roofdeck at a lovely friend's party, filled with Sailfest revelers.
.
They were high in the sky . . .

. . . and there were lots of low-riders, too: my personal favorite.
.Everybody liked the ones shaped like sperm, too.

What's not to like?
.
Rockets were exploding at 3 different levels, and *I* felt like I was going to explode, too.

And then, it all started to get very strange.

Bizarre.

Colors melted and combined and the world exploded in bright shiny light.

Jellyfish started swimming in the sky.

The fireworks became a funky, fantastic, freaky phantasmagoria.
.
Or, maybe it was just the photographer.

6 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow! I love that last photo! That Mistah.... Or was it you, Ellie?

Looks like a great show, the best I've seen all summer!

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, that is entirely Mistah. Aren't they cool? That's how the whole night felt.....

Ellie

Springer Kneeblood said...

Wow! I MUST get to Sailfest next year. Please put it on your calendar!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Shiny, up in the sky, and psychotic. A triple threat!

Jacquie

Nancy said...

ohwwww , ahhhh, aweeeee, wooooo, I feel like I was there! Great shots =) Nice workin' the camera!

NucMEd is Hot said...

I think I might have gotten alitte motion sick there towards the end, oh wait no the was just my excitement. I love fireworks!