Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Man Montbleau

Esker Point Park, Groton, Connecticut, Summer 2009: the 20th Summer SoundWaves Concert Series. Every Thursday from 6-8, the peeps pack their coolers and picnic baskets and chairs and head to the beach for free music. There's a reason people wait out the winters in this godforsaken part of the country:

Free music on Thursday nights at a spot like this.
.
We went, naturally, in the Westy. Wait a minute. That's not our Westy.

There's our Westy. A Double Westy day is a good day.

The Ryan Montbleau Band set up . . .

. . . and we set up. We were a motley crew: Mistah and I, plus The Mumsie, Evelyn, Kris, Dick and Dottie.

We assumed our positions . . .

. . . the children assumed their positions . . .

. . . and the band started.
.
I had never heard them before. I had never heard of them before.

The Ryan Montbleau Band? They were awesome.

They rocked. They were all so cool-looking and good-looking and happy.
.
And had really cool instruments.

Six guys, four of them with mics. That I love.
.
They have a huge following, apparently, and all the kids know all the words to all the songs.

Hula hoop girl was a complete hula hoop professional. She was good.

And check out dancing girl -- who is not me, but I think looks like she could be me, so why wasn't Mistah taking photos of me, I wonder? -- scroll through these photos really fast:
.

Of course she's not me. I don't wear white trousers.
.
Cool hair.

Lots of cool hair.
. And just a great, beautiful, fun scene.
.
Everybody had a blast.
.
Clearly.

As my man Montbleau himself said, when he started the show, Welcome to Summer!

10 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

No white trousers??? But why? Just wear white pants on a white wine day, or while playing champagne homerun derby. They'd be fine.

Oh, and by the way, youf hoop girl has nothing on my hoop girl - not even close!!

Beth

Zip n Tizzy said...

I have 2 great aunts who both had homes on the sound. I liked the winters because I had CA to come home to, but some of my fondest summer memories were on the shore.
Looks like a great time was had by all!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

that looks lovely, I'm so happy to finally see some summery photos from you! More skin! More skin!

xo
Jacquie

Lisa S said...

I'm so glad that Ellie finally has her SUMMER!

Springer Kneeblood said...

Dammit! I should have forgone the NYC scene for THAT! Next year...maybe.

Unknown said...

So cool! Looks like the stills from a summer movie. You know, right before the giant alien robots come crash the party.

NucMEd is Hot said...

I am sure that if you did wear white pants, both legs would be the same length as it appears she has one rolled up and one not. You wuld never be so silly!

savoring the sunshine in Central PA said...

you captured the best parts of summer...blue skies and free music!

Ryan Montbleau said...

Glad you liked the show! Best gig ever...

Ryan
http://www.ryanmontbleau.com

Lola said...

Wait, there's two Westys out there? Cool! Looks like a great time, and I'm wondering where you got that weather...