Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rainbow Bridge

It rained a lot in Connecticut in June.

A lot. More than ever. Can you see how heavy the rain is coming down, outside our living room window? I've nearly been killed several times by rogue lightning storms, while innocently walking to work.

But then . . .

. . . the sun came out.

Aaahh......

And so did the peeps.

The peeps thronged to the beach the second the sun came out. Finally. In July.
.
But then? It rained again. A lot. On Tuesday night, it rained torrentially. And then, since Connecticut is a schizophrenic state, the sun came out.

And so did this guy.

Rainbows are notoriously hard to photograph; everyone knows that. But we've had 2 big fat dramatic double rainbows over New London within one week.
.
Hey, you know what they say: No rain, no rainbows.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your rain pain, but I didn't get no stinkin' rainbows.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Goodness, I was afraid this would be about some dead pet!

I really don't remember the weather being this awful when I lived in that place, especially during summer. Whatever happened to global warming, anyway?

Hope it's beautiful this weekend for SailFest!

xo
Jacquie

NucMEd is Hot said...

I hate rain, but seeing a rainbow makes me giddy like a school kid!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Or as I like to say; No rain, no rain.

I wish I was going to be in OB west this weekend, thinking about you in OB east at Sailfest, but it'll have to wait until next year. Maybe Jacquie can represent.

Beth

Anonymous said...

We've had the same kind of weather. Cool and rainy for days and days and days -- a couple of nice days; then back to cool and rainy. Today is a nice day. It would be nice if it stayed that way for a few weeks now. Summer is short enough already

Hsin-Yi said...

We were driving home, navigating through the ponds that took over the road when we saw those. It made us both really happy to see that double rainbow! Almost makes up for the fact that the rain knocked off the grape flowers at the vineyard. Almost.

Magpie said...

My husband & child came home from a road trip exclaiming over the six double rainbows they'd seen over the Taconic. I was a tiny bit jealous.

Lola said...

MA weather has been schizo. Yesterday, we had a "microburst" going on outside the restaurant the best friend and I were at for "lunch," so we hunkered down and drank a bunch of margaritas with the staff. What else is there to do really?

enjoying the SUNSHINE in central PA said...

we're feeling the same "rain pain" as you and am just tickled with a week of SUNSHINE!!! plus a few sightings of double rainbows.
Hope the nights start really warming up or my tomatoes and peppers are never gonna get fruitful.
Thanks for sharing the emotion in pictures.

Grace said...

Hi Elle, it is my first time here in your blog and I really enjoyed here very much. It is so nice to be here. :)

Kat said...

Gorgeous!!!

Zip n Tizzy said...

Love that Atlantic light!

Being a CA girl, the I miss that warm, humid, summer rain.

So refreshing. (Though not so much for weeks on end I'm sure!)

Captain Dumbass said...

It's been awhile since I last saw a rainbow...