Thursday, June 18, 2009

Later That Night.....

Inspired as we were by the success of our neighborhood-wide Yard Sale, and by the magical qualities of our keg of Cottrell, we played a rousing game of Champagne Homerun Derby Saturday night.

We had three first-timers that night. Hsin, sadly, fouled, so we drank that bottle without much fanfare. Owen had an infield pop-up, much to his dismay. That bottle went down quickly, too. But Dawn? Pop! Right over the fence.

Dawn, Owen and Jennie clamored right around the fence to mark the cork in the wilds beyond Champagne Field.

Owen thought it was the perfect opportunity to give Jennie a tutorial on the finer points of Hopping A Fence.

Foot up . . .

. . . and over.

That's right, Jennie. One foot up . . .
.
. . . and over.

Okay, Jennie, one more time. Foot up . . . Yep, just like that . . .

. . . and over. Over, Jennie, over!

Um, okay. Let's try again. Foot up? Good. Perfect. And now . . .

Nice job, Owen.
.

Oh, don't worry, Jennie. The grass is much greener on this side of the fence.

10 comments:

Sweet Jennie said...

Yes, I do believe it is greener! ;-) Whatever side of the fence I am on, I just can't seem to get away from it (even if I have legally changed my name)!!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, good. You're finally, legally "Sweet Jennie". Perfect!

I just love your perplexed expression in the photos. "You want me to what what??"

Ellie

a bit of wisdom from Central PA said...

it's probably better to learn a new trick BEFORE you play a game that requires a bit of drinking...keep us posted on Jennie's future success in fence jumping!

Sweet Jennie said...

Yes, I've decided to drop the Green and the Brockett and just go only by Sweet Jennie now. That then makes me SJen. Hmmm... I may have to reconsider...JBro is much cooler. ;-)

p.s. Wisdom from Central PA,
Sadly, or perhaps fortunately, I think that was my success!

Captain Dumbass said...

Jennie knows you blog. No way she was going over that fence.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, poor Jennie! Good thing you have so many other talents. Anyway, jumping over fences is what boys are for.

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

It's oobvious to me that you stood your ground in order to see just how many times Owen would hop back and forth over that fence.

I relly do like JBro.

And, Dawn, nice job!

Beth

Mistah said...

Sweet Jennie doesn't have to go over the fence. She's an inside-the-park home run.

xup said...

I was gonna say what Central PA said - I'm sure he's much more coordinated before the booze

Lola said...

Jennie was smart enough to know that jumping over the fence just means that you need to do it again. Two successful fence jumps after drinking are very rare.