Wednesday, October 27, 2010

cooking with cdog




When life gives you rotting bananas, there's really only one thing to do...
Pull out the tried and true and tasty recipe that first came from Beth


Then find yourself a weirdo helper chef and suit her up 

She remembers that her grandfather always sported a towel on his shoulder when cooking

First, measure the butter carefully, and make a precise cut

eh, close enough. Something was distracting her....

Hmmmm. Look what's being erected in the next room....     


Nevermind that. It's time to measure the sugar! With a gravy ladle.
Again with the precision!

Busted in the act of "cleaning up" the sugar.

Ooooh, this is getting really tall.
And look, there are prisoners! And intruders!


But never mind that, it's time for the best part!



Details, details.

Now the second best part!
Hmmm, this reminds me of another recipe....


Meanwhile, this thing is almost to the ceiling!

And this bad boy is almost to the oven!

Missions accomplished. Now for a grand finale:




5 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love hearing the sound of your chitlins' voices, Jacquie. I miss you all desperately. And your house-o'-fun, too.

And I am tired of cooking alone. Can't you send one or both of them my way so I can enslave, er, apprentice them? The Vulcan is waiting . . .

Ellie

martyjoco said...

Best apron ever?? Yes!!

freezer full of old bananas in PA said...

Good to always have safety goggles around when you are asked to destroy tall buildings with a single bound.

I must say that I can improve that recipe 100% with the addition of half a bag of chocolate chips :) We do a variety of semi-sweet and milk chocolate. I can't say that there needs any improvement on that rocking apron..loveit!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I agree, your girl is rocking that best-apron-ever :-)

It has been so long since we've made that delicious bnana bread. And now I want to try it with chocolate chips. But there are never any rotting bananas in our house -- that baby girl is like a monkey. (In many ways, but in this instance I am referring to her penchant for eating bananas...)


Can't belive that boy of yours let that girl of yours topple to tower. Such a gentleman!

xo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

She made that apron in sewing class at school, my boy has one too :)

I love the recipe as is, it's delish. I do put a dash of vanilla in with the eggs, or if we don't have vanilla, a splash of coffee. Yum.

And Beth, that tower was built and rebuilt about 800 times, the boy had many chances to destroy it as well. I have hours of video.

Jacquie