Friday, October 22, 2010

creeptown

It's that time of year again.

Please send help.

You've seen it before

I am sorry about that.


I'd like to say that it started out innocently enough, but was it ever really innocent? Seems like my kids have been pining for fake blood since the day they first learned of its existence.

I've got to hand it to them, it gets more creative every year. Those sewing classes at school are really paying off!

So shelter your children, batten down your proverbial hatches, it's time for Creeptown!



Hey, that's not so bad! This guy looks almost friendly!
But these poor bastards have seen better days.
Oh. Oh, dear.

Youch.

It's disturbing, sure. But in the light of day, it's nothing one can't chalk up to preadolescent dementia. Right?

The real fear factor begins when one approaches our house under cover of night. 


Yes. Yes those ARE orange lights hanging around the eaves of my house. And YES, an adult was involved in this part of the project. Hint: It was not me.
eek.
I'm really sorry, formerly innocent neighborhood children.
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, man. That Scream mask would do me in. I was grocery shopping one night a few days after seeing that movie, and some guy wearing that mask ran up and down the aisles. To say it scared me would be a giant understatement. :)

I love the guy with the giant butcher knife in his gut!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh dear, that is full-on dementia, isn't it?

I love the giant butcher knife too, P&D. And I love that Jacquie's kids just, you know, have giant butcher knives to play with. Awesome!

Good luck with all that Jacquie. And, um, have fun?

xxEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oooh -- Scary!

But I do love the friendly guy in the chair, and adore the stripped leggins on that one unfortunate soul.

I need to send you a photo of the Halloween decorations at our house. They create a slightly different vibe....

xo,
Beth

unmitigated me said...

*sigh* I prefer the cute Halloween stuff, or the psychological scary...not so much on the gory stuff, but it does seem to be a rite of passage for the children around middle school.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Please. You think I let my kids play with giant butcher knives? That is clearly a hatchet , people.

Jacquie