Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Hodgepodge, Doggie Style - UPDATED



Awwwww, remember Moki? Little Moki?



1. Our beloved wolverine pony bearcub bobcat chupicabra puppy is going under the knife this very morning to prevent any possibility of demon spawn. It should be really fun to have her in an e-collar for a couple of weeks! Puppies love those!
.
2. Remember Barbie? What ever happened to Barbie?


Did she stick her fingers in the light socket?
.

The fingers are gone, yes.



But this was not exactly self-induced. I'm sure she's sorry, Barbie. Deep down inside where it counts.

After a dismembered digit was extracted from Moki's throat, Barbie went to heaven




3. This dog buries bones! It is so quintessentially canine that I found it endearing until she started trying to bury them inside the house. I have found bones in my purse, the kids’ backpacks, beneath a tangled web of electrical cords (an excellent spot for random chewing), and in between the cushions of the couch. When she can’t find a good spot, she stands with the bone in her mouth and cries, and then my children explode from the cuteness. The highly annoying part is that we often give her a bone during the morning anarchy to keep her busy and AWAY. She sprints outside and then comes back 4 seconds later with a dirty snout to beg for waffles.


4. When I say that she begs, I mean that she puts her paws right up on the table and helps herself to the food on your plate if you’re not diligent. And just to be clear? When I recommend a diligent defense, I do not mean that one should simply scream when this occurs rather than, say, putting the beast outside or pushing the beast down. I'm not naming names.

5. Moki's redeeming qualities:
  • Overall cuteness
  • When she first sees me in the morning, she wags her whole body
  • She is very helpful at rousing the children from their slumber
  • When she wants one, she simply goes and digs up a bone
  • She is an excellent leash walker
  • She snores so expressively that you can almost see her dreams
Kiss those reproductive organs goodbye, girlfriend.



UPDATE: Over the last 18 hours, both this dog and my seven year old daughter were weighed by medical professionals specializing in their particular species, and the difference between them is less than one pound.

11 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

She's so pretty! I love how she has her paws crossed in that last pic!

Shorty loves to bury bones inside too. When he goes into his kennel for the day, he "buries" his bone underneath his toy raccoon. But if you peek in on him, he'll stop and look guilty, and won't start burying it again until we leave. Like he doesn't want us to know where in his empty kennel he buried it. :)

Kat said...

Very cute pup! I am glad you are going to have her fixed, it really is the responsible thing to do. Kudos.

Anonymous said...

Aw-ah! Look at Moki's claws! They're a-DOR-able!

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what Barbie heaven looked like.

You gotta love the whole-body wag.

NucMEd is Hot said...

Sometimes I put toys I don't like in a place where the dog CAN get them. Shhhhh. Don't tell my kids.

Unknown said...

She's a cutie. Thumbs up for the barbie-ectomy too.

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD. Cutest puppy ever. (And not a bad-looking dog, either.)

martyjoco said...

What's a chupicabra?

Love that pup, she's as cute as a kitty.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupicabra

steenky bee said...

Uh oh. Domestic violence. That's okay. Barbie kind of had it coming. She looks like a tramp. :)

Deb Rox said...

I always figured eating Barbie would be un-filling to anyone except a pack of dogs. No meat on her bones, and with all of that tanning her skin must be like jerky.