Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Step Away from the Gummy Bear

My children often engage me in long, meaningful conversations around the question "Would you rather..."

Would you rather smell dog poop or cow poop? Would you rather fall off this side of the bridge or that side? Would you rather get knocked out in the head or the jaw?

A byproduct of would you rather is: "what would you be like?" Which is a request for me to pantomime my reaction to the smelling of various critter poop, falling off of alternating sides of the bridge, and being knocked out in the jaw or head, respectively.

My kids mostly just interrogate me, fight, and yell at and belittle each other at every opportunity, but once in a while they put their two heads together with a goal and the world becomes a better place.

Observe, genius.

8 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I woke up this morning unable to get "Tennessee Jed" out of my head. NOW, however, I believe I'll go through the day singing, "You ate my gummy bear. You age my gummy bear. You ate my gummy gummy gummy gummy gummy bear."

Sigh. Adorable. I miss y'all. And your house.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Just so you know, I thought I had set that to publish at 9:48 so I'd have time to wake up with fresh ideas about how to tie it all together. But alas, here it is! And so it shall remain.

Jacquie

Unknown said...

and it's choreographed! Awesome...except that it's stuck in my head now, but I can fix that.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

tell me about it, peeps. It was inspired by some other gummi bear song on youtube, i think the lyrics were: "you ain't my gummi bear", but I prefer this interpretation.

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

True genius, for sure. It makes me realize that it's been too long since I've seen a "show" directed by your boy. There were some good ones performed at Chatsworth. Perhaps the best was actually not a show, but instead the the elaborate construction of the skunk trap.

Remember that?

Beth

Kathi D said...

So, did that dog eat their gummy bear or what?

Kathi D said...

My Nephew the Actor got his start at two by introducing himself as Tom Jones and singing "I Never Fall Down" which was improvised from "I'll Never Fall in Love Again."

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, that was a skunk trap for the ages. I still can't believe they didn't catch a single one.

J